Did you know?
Self-Help provided more than $140 million in financing to families, businesses and nonprofits last year. Learn more in our 2012 Annual Report.
Since our founding in 1980, Self-Help has invested over $6.38 billion in financing to families, individuals, and organizations.
Growth of Credit Unions
Since 2004, our two credit unions have combined with more than a dozen others and now serve diverse communities across North Carolina and California. Together, we are preserving and expanding responsible financial services for thousands of families and businesses. Our growing networks build on the hard work and unique histories of the following credit unions:
Self-Help Credit Union
- Wilson Community Credit Union (2004)
- Scotland Community Credit Union (2005)
- Cape Fear Credit Union (2006)
- Carolina Mountains Credit Union (2009)
- Carolina Family Credit Union (2010)
- Choice Community Credit Union (2010)
- United Services Credit Union (2013)
Self-Help Federal Credit Union
- People's Community Partnership Federal Credit Union (2008)
- Community Trust Credit Union (2009)
- El Futuro Credit Union (2010)
- Kern Central Credit Union (2010)
- United Savings Federal Credit Union (2010)
- 1st Pacific Credit Union (2011)
- Mission SF Federal Credit Union (2011)
- Second Federal Savings and Loan (2012-13)