Did you know?
Self-Help provided more than $140 million in financing to families, businesses and nonprofits last year. Learn more in our 2012 Annual Report.
Since our founding in 1980, Self-Help has invested over $6.38 billion in financing to families, individuals, and organizations.
Combine Self-Help Credit Union's community-driven approach with power that stretches from sea to shining sea. We partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to give you government-backed loans that suit your size — including 504 loans!
- Loans guaranteed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Several financing options to choose from
- Includes our North Carolina-leading 504 loan program
- Flexible terms
- Competitive interest rates
- Local business experience and expertise
- Local North Carolina decision-making
- Professional service, personal attention
See how going green (PDF) can help you hang on to your profits!
For more information on our Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, please contact BusinessLoans@Self-Help.org.
Note: Self-Help makes larger loans to borrowers in multiple states. For loans of $35k or less, our lending is restricted to North Carolina borrowers.
- SBA 504 Loans
504 Loan Benefits to Small Business Borrowers:
Low down payment
- As little as 10%
- Doesn't deplete cash on hand
- Conserve working capital, grow faster, and create more jobs
Longer repayment terms
- Reduce your monthly payments
Fixed interest rate
- Usually at below-market rates
- No future rate fluctuations
504 Loan Benefits to Lenders:
- Hold first lien position
- Lend 50% of project costs
- SBA provides subordinated financing
Grow your portfolio
- Expand existing relationships
- Add new clients with broader lending ability
Increase your competitive edge
- Provide your small business clients up to 90% project financing
- Self-Help handles all SBA paperwork and answers SBA-related questions from the borrower from approval to servicing the loan
Contact Us to Learn More!
If you are interested in learning more about the SBA 504 loan program or have general questions, contact Charlie Cleary at (919) 956-4629.
Or, stop by a convenient location and speak to an SBA 504 loan officer.