Did you know?
Self-Help provided more than $140 million in financing to families, businesses and nonprofits last year. Learn more in our 2012 Annual Report.
Since our founding in 1980, Self-Help has invested over $6.38 billion in financing to families, individuals, and organizations.
Join us. It's easy. There are two ways to become a member:
1. Apply for free membership if you live, work, worship, or attend school in any of the following North Carolina counties: Brunswick, Buncombe, Forsyth, Greene, Guilford, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Lenoir, New Hanover, Polk, Scotland, Transylvania, Wilson. (Eligibility extends to immediate family of members.)*
2. Apply for mission supportive membership by joining our founding charitable sponsor, the Center for Community Self-Help, for a one-time $5 fee.
Join Self-Help Credit Union today!
- Individuals: Apply online, or download a personal membership application (PDF).
- Businesses and organizations: Download a business membership application (PDF).
- For guidance, take a look at the Business Help Sheet (PDF) or the Personal Help Sheet (PDF).
- Read account and membership disclosures.
Call us at 1-800-966-SELF.
It's more than just Self-Help Credit Union…
You can also join our affiliate credit union in California. Check out self-helpfcu.org to learn more. Deposits in each credit union are insured up to $250,000. Together, that's up to $500,000 in insured savings at competitive rates.
*The Credit Union defines an immediate family member as a spouse, parent, sibling or child.