Did you know?
Self-Help provided more than $140 million in financing to families, businesses and nonprofits last year. Learn more in our 2012 Annual Report.
Since our founding in 1980, Self-Help has invested over $6.38 billion in financing to families, individuals, and organizations.
Self-Help partners with organizations that share our mission to improve economic opportunity. Within our home state of North Carolina, we collaborate closely with three specialty loan funds that have been designed to stimulate economic development, create jobs, and promote the social welfare of distressed and rural communities across the state.
See how going green (PDF) can help you hang on to your profits!
To learn more, email us at SpecialtyLoanFunds@self-help.org.
- Golden LEAF
Thanks to support from the Golden LEAF Foundation, Self-Help is able to offer the Golden LEAF Small Business Assistance Fund, which aims to create jobs by helping businesses expand.
- Priority industries include health care, construction, green industries, agriculture or manufacturing
- Emphasis on economically distressed and rural communities in North Carolina (Tier 1, Tier 2, and formerly tobacco-dependent Tier 3 counties)
- Minority and women business owners strongly encouraged to apply
- Can be combined with SBA or USDA guarantees
- N.C. Rural Center
Self-Help has partnered with the North Carolina Rural Economic Development Center to create the Small Business Assistance Fund, designed to promote economic development in North Carolina.
- Available to businesses across North Carolina
- Minority and women business owners are strongly encouraged to apply
- Can be combined with SBA and USDA guarantees
- For-profit businesses only