Self-Help is truly unique among U.S. financial institutions.
- We are a mission-driven, multi-state organization made up of two credit unions, a nonprofit loan fund and an advocacy group.
- We are a nonprofit organization, which means our earnings and revenue mainly provide for the financial services needs of our members through loans, returns on interest-earning deposit accounts and other organizational lines of business.
Learn more by visiting the Who We Are and the What We Do sections of our website.
Membership in Self-Help Credit Union gives individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and others:
- Access to fair and affordable loans and deposit accounts
- Convenient online services that include mobile banking, online banking, and audio banking
- Branch and ATM networks that include our own facilities and terminals in Western, Central and Eastern North Carolina (additionally, our participation in the CO-OP Shared Branch and CO-OP ATM networks greatly expands access for members to include thousands of other locations and outlets, nationwide)
Eligibility and the Application Process
We try to make it easy for you to become a Self-Help Credit Union member.