Self-Help is more than a credit union; we're a cooperative community driven by the mission of greater economic opportunity. We make it easy for you to become a Self-Help Credit Union member.
Self-Help is truly unique among U.S. financial institutions.
- We are a mission-driven, multi-state organization made up of two credit unions, a nonprofit loan fund and an advocacy group.
- We are a nonprofit organization, which means our earnings and revenue mainly provide for the financial services needs of our members through loans, returns on interest-earning deposit accounts and other organizational lines of business.
Learn more by visiting the Who We Are and the What We Do sections of our website.
Membership in Self-Help Credit Union gives individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and others:
- Access to fair and affordable loans and deposit accounts
- Convenient online services that include mobile banking, online banking, and audio banking
- Branch and ATM networks that include our own facilities and terminals in Western, Central and Eastern North Carolina (additionally, our participation in the CO-OP Shared Branch and CO-OP ATM networks greatly expands access for members to include thousands of other locations and outlets, nationwide)