We provide responsible and affordable financial services.
- Full-service credit unions serving over 145,000 members online and in branches in North Carolina, California, Florida and greater Chicago
- Checking and savings accounts and term certificates at attractive rates
- Fair and affordable loans, focusing on helping low- and moderate-income consumers build wealth and prosperity
We promote homeownership to help families build financial security.
- Mortgages with fair terms and reasonable rates
- Investment in neighborhoods hit hard by foreclosures
We lend to businesses and nonprofits, including these:
- Small businesses that generate jobs and contribute to community wealth
- Public charter schools, child care centers and faith-based organizations
- Nonprofits and affordable housing developments
- Commercial real estate projects that invigorate downtown areas and neighborhoods
We promote policy solutions that encourage responsible lending and stop abusive financial practices.
- Research to quantify the impact of predatory lending on American households
- Partnerships with allies, industry leaders and policymakers to implement common-sense solutions that protect families and consumers
See recent highlights of our work in our 2017 Annual Report or learn more about who we are.
You can also subscribe to our bimonthly e-newsletter
for regular updates on all Self-Help's work.
Explore some of areas of our work below: