We provide responsible and affordable financial services.
- Full-service credit union serving nearly 60,000 members across North Carolina
- Checking and savings accounts and term certificates (CDs) at attractive rates
- Fair and affordable loans, focusing on helping low- and moderate-income consumers build wealth and prosperity
We promote homeownership to help families build financial security.
- Mortgages with fair terms and reasonable rates
- Investment in neighborhoods hit hard by foreclosures
We lend to businesses and nonprofits, including these:
- Small businesses that generate jobs and contribute to community wealth
- Public charter schools, child care centers and faith-based organizations
- Nonprofits and affordable housing developments
- Commercial real estate projects that invigorate downtown areas and neighborhoods
We promote policy solutions that encourage responsible lending and stop abusive financial practices.
- Research to quantify the impact of predatory lending on American households
- Partnerships with allies, industry leaders and policymakers to implement common-sense solutions that protect families and consumers
Find out more in our 2014 Annual Report (print and online) and Impact Statement.
You can also subscribe to our bimonthly e-newsletter
for regular updates on all Self-Help's work.
Explore some of areas of our work below: