At Self-Help, we evaluate the social impact of all the loans we consider and make investments in sustainable energy projects and building more sustainable communities.
- We extended paycheck protection financing worth $6.9 million to 63 environmental organizations, helping them maintain 645 jobs during the pandemic.
- Since 1989, we have invested $419 million in projects that have created a positive environmental impact in the communities we serve.
- Our investments include loans to 274 businesses and nonprofits that have come to us with a proven commitment to providing a sustainable future.
- Self-Help has realized 225 energy efficient, affordable housing units. They include renovations of dilapidated houses, new construction, and transit-friendly mixed use, like the Willard Street Apartments.
- Areas of investment include renewable energy, energy-efficient homes and sustainable food systems, and other green businesses.
- We do not invest in projects involving fossil fuel extraction or production.
We work with other lenders and advocate to advance sustainability:
Our sustainability work is made possible by all of our members who trust us with their deposits and investments.