Attention members and friends in Asheville, North Carolina:
Self-Help has teamed up with other local organizations to offer supportive and practical financial education for people making the transition to employment. See the list of our wonderful partners below. Together, we have organized a program called “Successful Transitions: Scaling the Benefits Cliff.”
This program is being offered for a second time in Asheville beginning in September. The deadline for applying for the upcoming sessions is August 14. Apply online at this link: https://form.jotform.com/201803437862051
What “Successful Transitions” offers:
- An opportunity for participants to double their personal savings with matched savings.
- A series of 12 free classes over a 6-month period. Classes meet bi-weekly.
- Information on many topics, including financial management, life planning, building good credit, business development, homeownership, resources for children and youth, and more.
- A chance to meet and share with others who are in similar life situations.
During this period of pandemic, the program will feature a combination of safe, socially-distanced in-person and online classes.
The first class of “Successful Transitions” graduates display certificates of completion.
“Successful Transitions” is unique in our area because it combines so many strong resources in one place. We are grateful to all our participating partners:
- Asheville Housing Authority
- Buncombe County Health and Human Services
- Community Action Opportunities
- Green Opportunities
- OnTrack WNC Financial Education and Counseling
The matched savings for participants are funded by Self-Help Credit Union with a grant from the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, as well as donations from parishioners at All Souls Cathedral and other generous individuals.
Again, applications are due by August 14 on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested participants can apply online at this link:
Questions? Email Jane Hatley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dewana Little (email@example.com).
Please share this information with people who may be interested in participating in the program!