April 1, 2019 — Self-Help Credit Union (Self-Help) is offering $1,000 scholarships to students from communities near branch locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Florida. Applicants will be evaluated on their leadership and proven commitment to serving our community. Students must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary educational institution, which includes colleges, universities, technical, trade and vocational schools.
Established in 2015, last year Self-Help awarded twenty-three $500 scholarships, totaling $11,500, to area students striving to make a positive impact on the future.
Scholarship applications and guidelines can be found at any Self-Help branch or onlineat self-help.org.
Applications must be returned to a branch or mailed to Self-Help Credit Union, Attn: Paulina Brown, 40 Forest Gate Drive, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 by no later than Friday, April 30, 2019. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
Self-Help works nationwide to provide fair and affordable financial products that help low-to moderate income families and communities of color build wealth, repair credit and achieve their financial goals.
Self-Help’s branch locations are listed below:
Western North Carolina Region Branches (10)
- Asheville at 391 South French Broad Avenue
- South Asheville at 1911 Hendersonville Road
- Brevard at 40 Forest Gate Dr. in Pisgah Forest
- Hendersonville at 855 Spartanburg Highway
- Lexington (336) 249-5642
- Maiden 505A Island Ford Road
- Morganton 705 West Fleming Drive
- Old Fort at 217 Catawba Street
- Rosman at 59 Chestnut Street West Suite 1
- Greensboro at 3400 Battleground Avenue
- Kinston at 1910 West Vernon Avenue
- Laurinburg at 701 South Main Street
- Wilson at 2301 Madison Drive
- Roanoke Rapids at 1330 E. 10th St.
- Pineville at 10827 Pineville Road (d/b/a Greater Piedmont CU)
- Windsor at 302 W. Granville St
- Wilmington at 307 South College Road
- Greenville at 115 West Antrim Drive
- Apopka at 667 West Orange Blossom Trail
- Jacksonville Downtown at 21 West Church Street, Ste. 1202
- Jacksonville Kendall Town at 9580 Hutchinson Park Drive
- Jacksonville North at 30 E. 27th Street
- Jacksonville Westside at 3033 Lenox Ave
- Pierson at 111 Fountain Drive
- Galax, Virginia at 305 Railroad Avenue
Self-Help Credit Union is part of the Center for Community Self-Help (Self-Help), a leading national community development financial institution headquartered in Durham, NC. Since 1980, Self-Help has provided over $7 billion in financing to more than 150,000 families, individuals and businesses. It helps drive economic development and strengthen communities by providing responsible financial services; lending to individuals, small businesses and nonprofits; developing real estate; and promoting fair financial practices across the nation. Through its credit union network, Self-Help serves people in California, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
More information about Self-Help Credit Union can be found at self-help.org.
Jenny Shields, Director of Media Relations, Center for Community Self-Help | Direct Line: 919.794.6798 | Cell: 919.695.2037 | Email: Jenny.Shields@self-help.org