Please support the creation of the NBC, USA, Inc.'s credit union deposit-raising campaign by opening a 2-year or 3-year term certificate (CD) at Self-Help Credit Union.
Term certificate accounts offer Self-Help Credit Union's most competitive rates. Deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
CHURCHES & ORGANIZATIONS
MAKING YOUR INSTITUTIONAL DEPOSIT
IMPORTANT: The information on this page is for churches and other organizations and businesses participating in the NBC credit union deposit-raising campaign. Any individual wishing to make a deposit in support of the credit union start-up campaign is encouraged to do so in coordination with their member church or participating institution.
Send an email to Self-Help CU. Include in your email the following information:
- Name and contact information of your primary church/organization representative
- Name, address city and state of your church/organization
- Best days and time to reach the representative by phone during the work-week
- Approximate amount of your proposed deposit
In response, a Self-Help representative will contact the institution's representative (via email) within 3 business days. That response will include instructions about how to proceed with your application and deposit.
If you do not receive an email response after 3 business days, then please follow up your initial email with a phone call. Once you select a Self-Help contact to be your deposit representative, please work with that contact for all future communication unless instructed otherwise.
Complete the application. A copy of the Self-Help CU business application will need to be filled out and mailed to Self-Help CU, along with all other required documentation related to your institution.
The application packet includes the forms listed below. All forms must be completed in full. The packet also includes help sheets to guide you in filling out the forms. To access the packet, please click on the button at the bottom of this page.
- Business Account Questionnaire
- Business/Nonprofit Organization Application
- Corporate Resolution
- Account Selection & Signature Card
- ACH Authorization (for electronic transfer of deposit)
- Third-Party Authorization
Here's a list of the required supporting documentation:
- Articles of Incorporation (a copy)
- IRS EIN Assignment Letter - SS4 form
- Photo identification of each authorized signer (copy/copies)
Mail your fully completed application and required supporting documentation to the following address:
Self-Help Credit Union
645 East 87th Street
Chicago, IL 60619
Attn: Franja Meeks